VTrans, in partnership with ACRPC launched a public survey for the Vergennes Planning and Environmental Linkages (PEL) Study to help explore options for reducing the impacts of truck traffic on VT 22A (Main Street) in Downtown Vergennes. The survey results will help the Study Team better understand the issues that are important to the public. The survey was a tool to allow the public to provide comments on the transportation solutions being evaluated including new roadways, improvements to existing roadways, and an option where traffic flow does not change. Through the survey, feedback was received from all municipalities potentially affected by these transportation solutions including Ferrisburgh, Vergennes, Waltham, Weybridge, Panton, Addison and New Haven. The survey launched on Thursday, August 17, 2023 and closed on Monday, September 25, 2023.
A big thank you to everyone who has completed the survey and helped spread the survey throughout their community through word of mouth, email, social media, local forums, and on webpages!
Still looking to participate in the Vergennes PEL Study? To hear about future opportunities to participate in the study going forward, please sign up for our email updates by clicking here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the Vergennes PEL Study survey this summer. We received over 900 responses from people across Addison County. While we are reviewing and analyzing all the results, we want to share insight on who completed the survey, including some high-level survey findings and needs identified by survey respondents. Please see the infographic below.
The Study Team is currently compiling and summarizing the full survey results into a final survey report. Once available, the final survey report will be shared here on the Study website.
Not familiar with the Vergennes PEL Study or need a refresher? Supporting documentation about the study and additional resources including visualizations of the routes being considered can be found below.
About the Vergennes PEL Study
The Vergennes PEL Study is evaluating transportation alternatives that reduce the impact of large truck traffic on VT Route 22A and Downtown Vergennes to enhance the quality of life and economic vitality in Vergennes and the surrounding towns.
Study Information Quick Links
- Blue Route Map (1 page) - This route includes the construction of a new roadway in Vergennes and Panton.
- Pink Route Map (1 page) - This route includes the construction of a new roadway mostly in Vergennes.
- Green Route Map (1 page) - This route includes the construction of a new roadway primarily south and east of Vergennes within Panton and Waltham.
- Orange Route Map (1 page) - This route includes the construction of a new roadway west of Route 22A entirely within Vergennes, in close proximity to downtown.
- Purple Route Map (1 page) - This route would shift northbound truck traffic currently using Route 22A to Route 17 and Route 7, maintaining southbound truck trips on Route 22A through Vergennes.