Vergennes PEL study documents:
- Technical Memo - Purpose and Need (March 2022)
- Technical Memo - Alternatives Development and Screening (April 2023)
- Route Maps:
- Vergennes PEL Study Routes Map (1 page)
- Blue Route Map (1 page) - This route includes the construction of a new roadway in Vergennes and Panton.
- Pink Route Map (1 page) - This route includes the construction of a new roadway mostly in Vergennes.
- Green Route Map (1 page) - This route includes the construction of a new roadway primarily south and east of Vergennes within Panton and Waltham.
- Orange Route Map (1 page) - This route includes the construction of a new roadway west of Route 22A entirely within Vergennes, in close proximity to downtown.
- Purple Route Map (1 page) - This route would shift northbound truck traffic currently using Route 22A to Route 17 and Route 7, maintaining southbound truck trips on Route 22A through Vergennes.
- For recordings, presentations, and other summary documents, please see "Public Meeting Materials" below
Documents that guide the Vergennes PEL process:
- Scope of Work (December 2020)
- Public Involvement Plan (last revised August 2021)
- Agency Coordination Plan (last revised April 2023)
- 1995 Vergennes Route 22A Bypass Study
- 2002 Vergennes Traffic Impact Study
- 2019 VT 22A Truck Route Study
Additional documents will be added as the study progresses.
Public Meeting Materials
November 3, 2022 Public Meeting Materials
- Vergennes PEL Public Meeting Handout
- Vergennes PEL Public Meeting Comment Card
- Vergennes PEL Public Meeting Presentation
- November 3, 2022 Public Meeting Recording
- This is the recording of the 11/3/2022 Vergennes PEL Public Meeting. It includes oral discussion of the concepts being presented and some online polling. The team also heard a significant amount of input via handwritten and online comments which will be collated and posted online at https://vergennespel.com/public-outreach/.
- All comments – oral, written and online – will be considered by the team before proceeding with next steps. Responses to some comments will be provided in the feedback summary document.
- Additional comments can be emailed to the team via the website - https://vergennespel.com/contact/. Comments received by 11/23/2022 will be included in the first round of review. Comments received after 11/23 will be incorporated into project feedback at relevant points.
- Vergennes PEL Study Concepts Overview This video summarizes the concepts being considered for further study and initial feedback heard as of 11/10/2022. Links to the maps referenced in the video below.
- Map of Concepts Proposed for Dismissal
- Map of Concepts Proposed for Further Study
- Public Meeting Summary
2022 Spring Public Workshop Materials
- Public Workshop Poster
- Public Workshop Presentation
- Public Workshop Alternative Displays
- Public Workshop Recording
- Public Workshops Summary
2021 Focus Group Notes
- Economic Focus Group Notes
- Environment Focus Group Notes
- Equity Focus Group Notes
- Mobility Focus Group Notes
November 4, 2021 Public Meeting Materials